One of the oldest cemeteries in Erie County
This property was actually first used for burials starting in February of 1810. But it wasn’t until 1824 that the land was formalized as a “Burying Ground” for local residents.
Since then, generations upon generations have chosen this tranquil space in the heart of Williamsville as their final resting place. Walk through the grounds, and you will find memorials for some of the Village’s most prominent citizens of this century, alongside those of Revolutionary War soldiers (as noted by a plaque from the Daughters of the American Revolution). Williamsville Cemetery has been designated by the Historic Preservation Commission as a Village of Williamsville Historic Site – one of only 11 such sites.
Williamsville Cemetery has been part of The Forest Lawn Group of Cemeteries since a merger in 2001 allowed Williamsville Cemetery to continue to offer the finest in perpetual care. The Forest Lawn Group also operates Forest Lawn Cemetery on Delaware Avenue in Buffalo, Lakeside Cemetery on Camp Road in Hamburg, and St. Matthew’s Cemetery on Clinton Street in West Seneca. As the cemetery has grown to meet the needs of the community at large, our mission has remained the same: to provide a dignified, attractive cemetery in an atmosphere that is warm and personal.