A centuries-old village cemetery... with space still available
Important Information Regarding the Coronavirus Outbreak
We’re all in this together — making sacrifices and taking steps to protect the health and safety of not only ourselves, but those around us. With that in mind, we have significantly reduced the cemetery’s on-site staffing to ensure compliance with NYS social distancing mandates. Given staff reductions and the need to focus on our most essential functions of burials and cremations, the following changes are in place until further notice:
- As directed by government, the cemetery office is open to the public for essential services only, including at-need and pre-need burial and cremation arrangements. Please call (716) 885-1600 to schedule an appointment.
- You can find the burial location of a loved one on our website using the “Locate a Loved One” tool.
- Due to limited staff being fully deployed to maintain essential services of burials and cremations, we may be unable to cut and maintain the grass to the same standards you’ve come to expect from us.
- As monument dealers are closed by government order, markers, monuments and mausoleum inscriptions are delayed.
- To protect the health & safety of all visitors sure to abide by government mandated social distancing protocols of a minimum of 6 ft of space between individuals.
- Please note that the following activities are prohibited on our grounds NO PETS, NO BICYCLES, NO SKATEBOARDS, NO CLIMBING, NO SCOOTERS, NO IN-LINE SKATES.
We will get through this...together! Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
Locate a Loved One
Did you know that on this website you can access the burial records of a loved one who is interred at the Williamsville Cemetery (or any of the cemeteries in the Forest Lawn Group)?
To do so, just click here.
NEW: Annual Meeting of Buffalo City Cemetery lot owners to be held on April 20 at 2:00 p.m. Click here for details.
The last remaining family lots in Williamsville Cemetery are now available.
Located in the heart of the village for which it’s named, Williamsville Cemetery is one of the region’s most historic cemeteries. With burials dating back more than 200 years, it is the final resting place for generations of families who called Williamsville home. Given its history, it’s not surprising that there is very limited space remaining for new burials. But there are some family lots available, and we’ve made it easier and more affordable for families like yours to stay together forever. But act now, as a VERY limited number of lots remain and special "pre-development" discounts are available for a limited time.
At the Williamsville Cemetery and our sister cemeteries we recently changed our rules and regulations, and these changes may enable you to save a substantial amount of money on at-need or pre-need cremation burial space at any of our cemeteries. In fact, you may even be eligible for FREE burial space. Click here to learn more
Four decades before the historic Village of Williamsville was incorporated, some of the area’s first citizens began to use our land as a “Loving Family” burial ground. It’s easy to see why they chose this location, given the convenience of Main Street, combined with the natural beauty of our tree-covered landscape and gently rolling hills...
Today, Williamsville Cemetery is one of the best-maintained village cemeteries in Western New York – and one of the only such cemeteries that still has space available. The beautiful park-like grounds, filled with mature trees and 200-year-old monuments, offer options for both cremation as well as traditional burials. As you walk or drive through Williamsville Cemetery, you will quickly be enveloped in a rich sense of history, nostalgia and tranquility that you simply will not find anywhere else in Western New York.